The Water Tower

The Water Tower
The Water Tower at Dusk

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Planting today

Just for the record, its mild and damp today and finally I had some spare time to plant.

30 x Holly - heeled in pending a place on the slop, back of the woodland. Anywhere that can use evergreen holly.


20 X red stemmed Cornus, planted in front of the felled sycamore tree.

20 X green stemmed Cornus, planted at the bottom of the slope under the power line. 

3 X woodland Honeysuckle and 3 X cotoneaster, at the fence at the back of the woodland. Fingers crossed this takes, it tends to be too dry to support growth and I have to walk round there and remember to water it for a couple of years at least.


The Council have also been busy planting. 3 sessions with different community groups. I took part in the first group with Salters Gate school. I think there are around 200 shrubs planted on the bank above the land slip. 

From what I can remember off the top of my head;

Red Mrs Popple Fuchsia
White Deutzia
Cotoneaster
Red flowering currant
Blue Ceanothus (Californian Lilac)
- there are probably others, I can't remember

Planting scheme designed b the council landscape architect. It was complicated, but we followed it to the design brief. 

Wild flower area to be re seeded next Spring. All is good in the wood.



No comments:

Post a Comment