The Water Tower

The Water Tower
The Water Tower at Dusk

Monday, November 1, 2010

Autumn Colours

The colours in Ironmills Park and the surrounding woodland are just stunning in Autumn. No point writing too much - here is the photographic evidence.



If you magnify this picture look at the stag horn fern -or Sumach- along the line of the balcony. Most of these plants were a gift from a neighbour in Ironmills Park last year and they have grown so well. I had some of my own as well but they had grown tall and leggy in a shady position. I cut them down by almost half and crossed my fingers that they wouldn't suffer. It worked OK so - if anyone is worried about cutting back Sumach, go for it. Cut back in Spring time. 





This is a picture of a plant called Enkianthus. The photo doesn't do it justice. It has good autumn colour for a long time. Outdoing my Acer trees which lost a lot of the lovely red leaves last week in the windy weather.




The large Beech tree at the roof of the house.




 A favourite plant called Oak Leaf Hydrangea. I would love to get more of these but can't seem to track them down at any garden centre. They keep their white flowers for ages.




A nice pic of my better half and the view of the Park. Magnify it to appreciate.



Ironmills Park in all its glory



No comments:

Post a Comment