The Water Tower

The Water Tower
The Water Tower at Dusk

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ladybirds Galore



Sorry some of the pictures are a bit blurry. Every recess of the wooden posts on our decking has become a ladybird nest this year. It is just such a lovely site. The Sumach plants in front of the deck are also covered in ladybirds. I guess we won't have a greenfly problem this year.

Spring has indeed arrived. What's new at the woodland? well the snow drops are out in profusion on the slope and can be seen at quite a distance away. The clumps are dense and robust probably due to the enrichment of the soil with leaf mould over the years. I know that snowdrops can be divided "in the green" so I may do that and spread them around the slope.

In my garden area the first of the azaleas has flowered and lots of crocus are showing through the winter debris. I hate clearing it up because I usually break a few flowers in the process but the small loss is worth it in the long run.

Works to the strip at cemetery road continue with tons of waste blaze being removed to make ready for planting. This job is taking longer than originally thought. Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment